INFORMATION ABOUT PEAK24
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RACE PARTICIPATION:
While the Event Organizer has taken every reasonable measure to ensure your safety, there are hazards and dangers inherent in any competitive sporting event. As a Participant in the Race, you are responsible for your own safety and enter the Race at your own risk.
It is important that you read and understand the following safety message in conjunction with your waiver and declaration and adhere to each of the safety guidelines of the Race.
- The Race attracts a significant number of spectators. Public safety must be at the forefront of your mind at all times. You must follow the directions of the race organisers, race officials, race marshals, race volunteers and medical assistants.
- At all times you must obey the instructions of the Event Organizer. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the Race. The Event Organizer may exclude participants of the Race without giving any reasons.
- Please also refer to the official e-mail communication for other information and instructions. The final race reminders will be distributed electronically to all participants 48 hours prior the event.
- Participants are strongly recommended to undertake adequate training and team-building preparation before the Race.
- The Participants will be expected to exercise self-discipline, to show courtesy and consideration to staff, fellow students and members of the public.
- The consumption of drugs that are illegal in Hong Kong are expressly forbidden. Any Participant caught abusing illegal drugs will be immediately removed from the Race.
DECLARATION AND WAIVER:
Each Participant, by signing at the the registration form, agrees to and declares the following:
- As a Participant, I agree to assume full responsibility for all personal possessions and equipment during the Race. The Event Organizer will not provide any storage for personal items and will not be liable for any loss or damage to personal property. All belongings, including valuable items brought to the Race venue, are at the risk of their owners.
- I agree to abide by the rules set by the Event Organizer and instructions given by the race committee, race officials, race marshals, race volunteers and medical assistants during the Race.
- I am responsible for my own insurance in relation to my participation in the Race, including accident insurance. I acknowledge and confirm that the Event Organizer does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurances or any nature. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of the Event Organizer beyond what may be offered freely by the Event Organizer in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
- I understand that the Event Organizer and its related entities, representatives, contractors, agents, officers, committee members, employees, volunteer schools and sponsors (“Representatives”) accept no liability for any death, injury or loss to race team members, supporters or members of the public, nor liability for any damage to personal property of any Participant, supporters or members of the public arising directly or indirectly in connection with the Race (including during race practice). I accept full responsibility for any injury or accident or loss incurred or caused by me or damage to property that may arise directly or indirectly in connection with the Race (including during race practice).
- I hereby release and discharge and hold harmless the Event Organizer, its Representatives, its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from or in connection with my participation in the Race (including during race practice). I understand and acknowledge that my signature of this form releases and discharges the Event Organizer from any liability or claim that I may have against the Event Organizer with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from or in connection with my participation in the race. Further, I hereby agree on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, to indemnify the Event Organizer and/or its representatives, jointly and severally from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss, injury or death, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in the race.
- I hereby release and discharge the Event Organizer, its representatives, its successors and assigns from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment of other medical services which may be rendered in connection with an emergency during or in connection with the race.
- I acknowledge that I participate in this event at my own volition and at my own risk, and that participating in the race includes hazards and dangers such as but not limited to: Animals, Smoke, Pollen, or Changes in weather.
- I declare that I have no physical or mental disability or health problem, whether temporary or permanent, which could affect my ability to participate safely in the race.
- I declare that I am not and will not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and have not and will not consume any medication, prescription or otherwise, which may reduce my ability to participate safely in the race.
- I declare that I have sufficient experience and physical capability to participate in the race
- I understand that the race, the Event Organizer and its representatives reserve the right to use all photos and promotional material connected with the event for promotional purposes. I hereby grant and convey to the Event Organizer all rights, title and interests in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice in connection with my participation in the race.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT:
The Event Organisers and Running To Stop The Traffik Limited collects and uses your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Your personal data is collected by The Event Organisers for the purposes of:
- Processing, administering and communicating with you regarding your enrollment and participation in the The Peak 24 2017;
- conducting research and generating statistics to enhance Running To Stop the Traffik’s services and activities;
- communicating with you in response to any queries or complaints submitted by you or in relation to your donations or application to an event, programme, volunteering or employment opportunity;
- informing you (subject to your consent) of campaigns, activities and fundraising appeals relating to Peak 24 worldwide programmes of anti human trafficking campaigns;
- informing you (subject to your consent) of products and services provided by Running To Stop The Traffik's service providers;
- complying with applicable laws or regulations.
TRANSFER AND DISCLOSURE
The Event Organisers or Running To Stop The Traffik shall only transfer and disclose your personal data to service providers (within or outside Hong Kong) of Running To Stop The Traffik to enable them to send to you (subject to your consent) marketing materials described in paragraph 4 above solely on behalf of Running To Stop The Traffik, and to provide back-end, administrative, communication, or IT services to Running To Stop The Traffik (including but not limited to payment gateways for credit card processing, research companies for donor satisfaction surveys, and agents to make promotional and pledge donation calls on behalf of Running To Stop The Traffik).
You must provide the information marked with an asterisk on the registration form (*). If you do not provide this information to us, then we may not be able to process or administer your donations or applications.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF DATA
You have the right to request access to or correction of your personal data held by Running To Stop The Traffik. If you wish to access or correct your personal data, then please contact our staff,. Jeffrey Sprong at email@example.com, +852 6850 1932
Running To Stop The Traffik cannot use your personal data without your prior consent for the purposes of providing you with marketing materials. By signing this document, you indicate your agreement to the use of your name and contact information for direct marketing purposes in accordance with paragraphs 4 and 5 above, unless you have ticked one of the boxes below indicating that you object to such use.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These website terms and conditions (“Website Terms”) govern your use of the Peak24 website at www.peak24.org (the “Website”). You must read these Website Terms carefully, and we recommend that you print and keep a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Website Terms in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Website Terms in their entirety, you must not use this Website.
All materials on this site, including, but not limited to, images, text, illustrations, audio clips, video clips are protected by copyrights and/or other intellectual property rights. All images in this site are for reference only. You may infringe these rights if you download, copy, distribute, publish, transmit or otherwise exploit any material or transfer it to any third party without prior permission from Running To Stop The Traffik, and Running To Stop The Traffik reserves all its rights in this respect.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE
You must only use this Website for lawful purposes, and you must not use it in a way that infringes the rights of others or that restricts or inhibits others’ enjoyment of the Website.
You may use, download and print content on the Website solely for your own personal use or internal business purposes. Other than for your own personal use or internal business purposes, you may not without our prior written consent:
- copy, reproduce, use or otherwise deal with any content on the Website;
- modify, distribute or re-post any content on the Website for any purpose;
- reproduce, crawl, frame, link to or deep-link into this Website on or from any other website;
- use the content of the Website for any commercial exploitation whatsoever.
Running To Stop The Traffik Limited makes no warranty, statement or representation, express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, availability, completeness or usefulness of the information, contained in the Website, and in so far as permitted by law, shall not have any legal liability or responsibility (including negligence) for any loss, damage, or injury (including death) which may result, whether directly or indirectly, from the supply or use of such information.